To ensure that all Heroes and Experts have a positive experience when buying or selling services, we've created a set of requirements and expectations for Experts in the Experts Marketplace. These requirements and expectations outline what is acceptable and unacceptable in the Experts Marketplace, and how violations are addressed. It's your responsibility as an Expert to ensure that you are compliant with all requirements and expectations of Kajabi in using the Experts Marketplace.
Kajabi reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend or disable your Experts account or remove you from the Experts Marketplace if you do not follow these Guidelines, with or without notice.
Experts Marketplace Requirements
To maintain membership and continue receiving leads in the Experts Marketplace, Experts must ensure their organization meets marketplace requirements.
- For payment of services coordinated through Experts Marketplace, Experts must use the Kajabi invoicing system embedded within Experts Marketplace and have a PayPal account. In other words, you may not receive payments for services from Heroes that we’ve referred to you through the Experts Marketplace outside of the invoicing system or you will be subject to removal from the Experts Marketplace without warning.
- Use an Assistant role account in all situations where access to a site is required, unless access to the Hero’s financial information is required to perform your service (i.e., for accounting or bookkeeping projects). After a project is complete, you must ensure your access to the account has been revoked. You must not access a site after the related project is complete.
- When using third-party content, works, or software that is unsupported by Kajabi during a project, ensure that Heroes are thoroughly informed of all risks, support information, and instructions. Heroes also must be legally able to use such work, content, or software.
- Be active and engaged in the Experts Marketplace. Submit thoughtful proposals to Heroes as quickly as you can.
- When receiving an initial project brief, propose services that correspond with the service category and the Hero's initial request. You must not propose services that Heroes have not requested or agreed to.
- All services rendered must not violate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or any other rights of any third party.
- Provide a refund policy to Heroes during the proposal stage for all projects.
- Your organization, its attributes, and its capabilities must be accurately represented in the Experts Marketplace.
- All content included in your profile and associated service listings must be professional, accurate and up to date.
Quality and Performance Standards
Your membership in the Experts Marketplace communicates to Heroes that you are an industry-leading Expert who produces high-quality work and is able to meet our Heroes’ demands. To ensure that all Experts in the Experts Marketplace meet Hero expectations, you must meet the following performance standards. Failure to meet these standards might result in removal from the Experts Marketplace.
- Communicate about project updates and important issues only within the Experts messaging system. Do not contact Heroes outside of the Experts Marketplace unless absolutely necessary.
- Provide responses to any Hero messages within 48 hours. If you know in advance that you won't be able to respond to messages within 48 hours, because of vacation, illness, or other reasons, then notify Heroes of your return date.
- Send only customized, personalized, and relevant messages to Heroes. Use professional language and formatting in all of your communications. Refrain from engaging in any style of correspondence that could easily be viewed as spam.
- Meet the due dates you communicate to the Hero.
- Set expectations about the project before beginning work. Both parties must be in agreement. The best way to set expectations is through a proposal to define the scope of work. It's a good idea to include as much relevant information as you can about the work in your proposal. This makes it more likely that the Hero will accept your proposal, and that the work will be completed successfully. Starting the process with open, detailed communication also makes it more likely that the Hero will leave you a positive review, and contact you again for other work in the future. Your proposal should do the following:
- Describe the work that you will do to meet the Hero's requirements.
- Set expectations about the process.
- Create milestones for each stage of the work.
- Communicate changes to the project or milestones well before the due date.
- Produce high-quality work. Work done on projects submitted through the Experts Marketplace must either meet or surpass industry standards.
- Respond to all projects in a timely manner.
- Address the Hero’s project brief and initial concerns in the initial response to a project.
- Have a refund policy and adhere to the policy when you address refund requests.
Prohibited Actions and Unacceptable Behaviors
If you perform any of the following actions or engage in any of the following behaviors while you're listed in the Experts Marketplace, then Kajabi could take disciplinary action including, but not limited to, removal from the Experts Marketplace.
Communication and Representation
- Bullying, harassment, threats, hate speech, abusive or improper language, violent messages, or anything that is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Kajabi at our sole discretion.
- Spamming Heroes. This includes, but is not limited to: mass sending of generic messages, excessive use of capitalization, unsolicited sending of irrelevant content, links, or sales pitches, and blatant use of common spam language.
- Publishing or sending malicious content to Heroes.
- Generating false reviews, drafting reviews on a Hero’s behalf, or incentivizing reviews.
- Misrepresenting your identity, abilities, or property.
- Promoting non-relevant businesses, websites, or third-party services.
- Receiving a high volume of Hero complaints.
- Disclosing sensitive, private, or confidential information pertaining to Heroes or other Experts.
- Exporting or copying any Hero information for personal gain.
- Using or attempting to use another user’s account or information.
- Creating multiple expert accounts to circumvent Experts Marketplace guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead Heroes.
- Using the Experts Marketplace for unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
- Adding additional code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to do one of the following:
- Disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the capacity of a Hero’s site to make sales.
- Damage a Hero’s reputation.
- Using stolen, unlicensed, or trademarked content, or attempting to use, sell, or edit copyrighted material.
- Extorting additional payments, or withholding project deliverables in exchange for payments beyond what was agreed upon in the project description.
- Any actions otherwise determined by Kajabi to be in violation of our Experts Marketplace Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy.