Receiving an error when importing contacts with a CSV? Find out why you may receive this error and how you can ensure that your CSV is formatted properly when importing your contacts to Kajabi.
In this article:
Why did I get this Error?
Our Import Importer Tool requires .csv files to conform to the UTF-8 standards in order for them to be parsed accurately by our system.
The most common reason for this error is if a non-UTF-8 character such as "Å" is present in the .csv file. To successfully upload your .csv file, you will need to open your .csv file and change the file type.
This process will look different depending on the program you are using, so we have laid out how to do this for both Excel and Numbers.
- Open your .csv in Excel.
Note: If you use a different spreadsheet program check their Support for instructions on how to download as a CSV UTF-8.
- Select File and click Save As.
- From the file type dropdown, select CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited (*.csv).
- And, click Save.
- Open your .csv in Numbers.
- Select File.
- Hover over Export To and select .csv.
- In the export options, select Advanced Options, and specify Unicode (UTF-8), if there is another .csv export option shown, click into the dropdown and choose Unicode (UTF-8).
- Confirm by selecting Export on the following screen.