Learn how to maximize the success of your project in the Kajabi Experts marketplace by collaborating effectively with an expert.
In this article:
- Setting expectations up front
- Granting an expert access to your account
- Communicating during your project
Setting expectations up front
In order to avoid misaligned expectations later on, make sure you clarify all of the requirements for the project in advance.
The following topics should be addressed prior to accepting a project proposal:
- Project scope and deliverables needed
- Timeline for the project and due date for each deliverable
- Any assets you’ll need to provide (i.e., logo, headshot, testimonials, etc.)
- Process for providing updates and feedback during the project
- What happens if you want to request a change in scope later
- Your budget and the total expected project cost
- Timing of invoices and invoice payments
- Provisions for handling refunds
Granting an expert access to your account
We recommend that you assign an expert who will be working in your Kajabi account the Assistant role in your Kajabi Account Settings:
This will give the expert the ability to modify your site content without granting them full administrative access to your account. Learn to add a new account user.
Once the project is complete, go back into your Account Settings and suspend the expert’s access to the Assistant role. Learn to suspend an account user.
Do not share your personal account password with anyone else. All other account users should be provided with their own login credentials and suspended from your account as soon as access is no longer required.
Communicating during your project
In order to protect your transaction and keep your account and the expert's account in good standing, keep your communications on the platform.
Aim to communicate regularly throughout the project. Discuss up front the expected frequency and timing of project updates from the expert, and when and how you’ll provide feedback.
Good communication will go a long way toward achieving a successful project outcome. Concerned about how to handle a misunderstanding or unmet expectations? Learn what to do if the expert you hired doesn’t meet your expectations.
Still have questions? Let us know your question below to have it added to the list or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional assistance. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!