Learn how to maximize the success of your accepted proposal in the Kajabi Experts marketplace by collaborating effectively with your client.
In this article:
- Setting expectations up front
- Getting access to your client’s account
- Communicating during your project
Setting expectations up front
In order to avoid misaligned expectations later on, make sure you clarify all of the requirements for the project in advance. It’s often a good idea to meet with the client via live video or phone before you submit a proposal.
The following topics should be addressed prior to your submission of the project proposal:
- Project scope and deliverables needed
- Timeline for the project and due date for each deliverable
- Assets you’ll need the client to provide (i.e., logo, headshot, testimonials, example sites or resources, etc.)
- An agreed-upon process for providing updates and feedback during the project
- A protocol if a client wants to request a change in scope later
- The client’s budget and the total expected project cost, including an estimate of hours worked to complete the project
- Timing of invoices and invoice payments
- Provisions for handling refunds
You should include this information in the Description field of the proposal you submit to the client.
Getting access to your client's account
Unless you explicitly need access to financial data, we recommend that you ask the Hero to assign you the Assistant role in their Kajabi Account Settings:
The Assistant role will give you the ability to modify your client’s site content. If you need access to broader account data in order to perform the agreed-on services, request your client to assign you the Administrator role.
Never ask your client to share their own personal account credentials with you. You should use your own unique login credentials when accessing your client’s account.
Once the project is complete, remind your client to go back into their Account Settings and suspend your access to the role they assigned you.
Communicating during your project
In order to protect your transaction and keep your account and the Hero's account in good standing, keep your communications on the platform.
It’s essential to communicate regularly and proactively throughout the project. Include a calendar-booking link in your Expert profile so the client can easily schedule meetings with you. Discuss up front the expected frequency and timing of your project updates, and when and how the client will provide you with feedback. This communication flow should be agreed upon by both parties before beginning the project work.
Still have questions? Let us know your question below to have it added to the list or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional assistance. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!