Have you set up your custom domain on Kajabi using the "Create subdomain for Kajabi site" option? Did you choose to connect a subdomain with "www" in the URL? You'll likely want to set up a forwarding rule through your domain registrar to redirect the URL without "www" to the same site.
In this article:
Setting up a URL redirect on Google Domains
Step 1. Check the domain in Kajabi
First, check that your domain is set up properly on Kajabi.
To check your domain connection:
- Open the Settings tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, click Domain.
- Your domain should state that your custom domain is connected:
Step 2. Add a forwarding rule
Next, you will need to log into your Google Domains account to access your DNS records:
- Log into your Google Domains account and choose the Domain you would like to manage.
- Then, select the Website tab on the left sidebar.
- Click Set up forwarding:
- On the Forward from line, click Edit.
- Enter your Forward from and Forward to URLs as desired.
Make sure you enter your Forward to URL in the format "https://www.yourwebsite.com"
- Next, click the down arrow next to Advanced options.
- Change the Redirect Type to Permanent redirect (301):
Click here to learn more about which redirect may be best for you
- Click Forward to apply your redirect.
After creating your forwarding rule, enter the URL you've forwarded into a browser to check that it worked as expected. It can take up to 48 hours for a redirect to apply, so you may need to test again later if you don't see an immediate effect.
Visit the Google Domains Help Center to learn more.
And that's how to set up a forwarding rule for your custom domain on Google Domains! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!