When setting up your custom domain, you will want to make sure that no matter if the "www." is entered or not, your Kajabi site will always be the endpoint. To ensure this happens, you will need to add a Forwarder to your Domain through the registrar that you are using to host your domain.
In this article:
Setting up a URL redirect on Google Domains
Step 1. Check domain in Kajabi
First, check and make sure your domain was set up properly in Kajabi:
- From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab.
- Then, click Domain.
- Your domain should display green checkmarks indicating its completion:
Step 2. Add a forwarding rule
Next, you will need to log into your Google Domains account to access your DNS records:
- Log in to your Google Domains account and choose the Domains you would like to manage.
- Then, select the DNS tab on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Synthetic records section.
- Select Subdomain Forward in the dropdown on the left side.
- Then, change the forwarding rule to Permanent redirect (301).
Click here to learn more about which redirect may be best for you
- Enter "@" into the subdomain field.
- Then, enter the URL you want to forward to. Make sure the destination URL is formatted as https://www.yourdomain.com.
- Lastly, select Add and test it in your browser:
Visit Google Domains Help Center to learn more about managing your DNS in Google Domains.