When setting up your custom domain, you'll want to make sure that whether the "www." is entered or not, your Kajabi site will always be the endpoint. To ensure this happens, you'll need to add a Forwarder to your Domain through the registrar you're using to host your domain.
Add a Forwarding Rule in GoDaddy
First, check that your domain is set up properly in Kajabi:
- Open the Settings tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, click Domain.
- Your domain should state that your custom domain is connected:
Next, you will need to log into your GoDaddy account to access your DNS records:
- Log into your GoDaddy account and choose Domains.
- Then, locate and select the Domain you want to add a forwarding rule for.
- Click the
…and choose Manage DNS.
- Scroll Down to the Forwarding section and choose Add next to the Domain section.
- Select https://.
- Enter www.yoursite.com (specific to whatever your domain is called).
- Choose Permanent (301).
- Select Forward Only.
- Check the box that reads, "Update my Nameservers and DNS settings."
- Press Save.
- Enter in your new subdomain in your browser to test if the Forwarding rule was Added correctly:
Visit GoDaddy's Help Center to learn more about managing your DNS settings in GoDaddy.
And that's how to set up a forwarding rule for your custom domain on GoDaddy! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!