Learn the difference between Members, Contacts, and Subscribers in Kajabi and understand the people that are considered to be active Members.
In this article:
- First, what is a Contact?
- What is a Member?
- What is a Subscriber?
- What is considered an active Member?
First, what is a Contact?
To better understand the terms Contacts, Members, and Subscribers in Kajabi, it is best to begin by understanding where these terms can be found, the People tab:
In the People tab, your List contains default Segments including:
- All: A view of all of your People (Contacts) — this includes both Members, Subscribers, and contacts that may have unsubscribed or may have never subscribed.
- Members: A view of contacts that have purchased an Offer from your site or have been granted an Offer.
- Subscribed: A view of contacts that have expressed consent to receive any marketing emails from you.
Contacts can be any person in your People tab whether they have subscribed, unsubscribed, purchased an Offer, or have been granted an Offer. The difference depends upon their Member and/or Subscription status.
Check out the rest of this guide to learn the difference between your Members and Subscribers in Kajabi!
What is a Member?
A Member is a user or contact that has completed a purchase or has been granted an Offer on your site. Members can be identified in your People tab by the star icon next to their name:
Members of your site may also be considered a Subscriber if they are subscribed to receive your marketing emails. In the same way, Subscribers may be Members if they have access to your Offer(s).
Depending on how they received access to an Offer will determine the automatic emails they receive.
- Purchased an Offer: Your Member will receive the Purchase Confirmation Email containing a congratulatory message and the link to the Login Page of your site. Learn the purchase flow of a new Member.
- Granted an Offer: Your Member will receive the Offer Grant Confirmation email containing a congratulatory message and the link to the Login Page of your site and the Member Welcome email with a new Member's login credentials. If the Offer is granted to an existing Member, your Member will only receive the Offer Grant Confirmation email. Learn to edit the automated emails sent by your site.
What is a Subscriber?
Although Subscribers may also be Members of your site, Subscribers are not required to be Members to receive marketing emails. As long as the Subscriber has provided the proper permissions to receive marketing emails, they are considered Subscribers.
Keep in mind, contacts in your People tab may not always be a Subscriber. For example, contacts in your People tab may not be subscribers if,
- the contact manually unsubscribes,
- results in a hard bounced email,
- does not confirm a Double Opt-in Form,
- or was imported without selecting Subscribe to marketing emails.
If any of the examples apply, the contact will not be considered a Subscriber and will not receive your marketing emails.
Identify your contacts subscription status directly from the People tab:
What is considered an Active Member?
Active Members are users that have logged into their accounts and registered activity (completed a course, opted-in, etc.) in the past 30 days.
Different Kajabi subscriptions allow certain amounts of Active Members on your site. You can see how many your plan allows here.
We recognize that member usage will have peaks and lulls. In the event that you are exceeding the number of Active Members allowed for your plan, we will contact you to discuss upgrade options. We will not block your site from accepting new members without first discussing plan options.