Kajabi gives you the freedom to import a custom domain in place of the .mykajabi subdomain for users to visit your site. Learn to connect your custom domain to your Kajabi site with our recommended method.
In this article:
- Step 1: Add your domain name to Kajabi
- Step 2: Adding or changing your CNAME
- Step 3: Verify your domain in Kajabi
- How to add a Forwarder to your Custom Domain
- How to Remove your Domain from Cloudflare
- How to Transfer your Wix Domain Away from Wix
Step 1: Add your domain name to Kajabi
To connect an existing custom domain to your Kajabi site:
- Open the Settings tab from the dashboard and select Custom Domain.
- If it has not been toggled on already, turn the toggle on in the Cloudflare card to use the recommended method instead of Cloudflare.
- In the Domain field, enter the custom domain name you want to connect.
- Then, click Next.
- Before verifying the domain, you will need to add or edit (depending on your hosting service) the CNAME record to ssl.kajabi.com. Before clicking Verify skip to Step 2:
Step 2: Adding or changing your CNAME
Before verifying your domain in Kajabi, you'll need to add a CNAME to your domain in your hosting platform or edit the existing CNAME so that the domain points to
ssl.kajabi.com. Here's an example of this in GoDaddy:
Learn how to add/edit the CNAME record for a few popular hosting services:
Step 3: Verify your domain in Kajabi
After adding/editing the CNAME of your domain, navigate back to Kajabi and click Verify Domain:
We'll run some magic on the backend and your custom domain should be good to go 🎉
Lastly, you'll receive an email to confirm that your domain is successfully connected:
How to add a Forwarder to your Custom Domain
When setting up your custom domain, you will want to make sure that no matter if the www. is entered or not, your site will always be the endpoint. To ensure this happens, you will need to add a Forwarder to your Domain through the registrar that you are using to host your domain such as Bluehost, HostGator, Google Domains, or GoDaddy. Each of these hosts has their own flow for doing this, so depending on your host your setup may slightly differ.
Learn how to add/edit a Forwarder for a few popular hosting services:
How to Remove your Domain from Cloudflare
If you already have your Custom Domain set up with Cloudflare and would like to remove it, you'll need to complete these steps in order:
- Revert your Name Server back to your registrar
- Add and Configure your Domain Records in the registrar
- Remove your Custom Domain from your Site
- Remove your Custom Domain from your Cloudflare account
How to Transfer your Wix Domain Away from Wix
To transfer your Wix domain away from Wix:
- Go to the My Domains page. Note: If you have more than one domain in your account, select the relevant domain.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Transfer away from Wix.
- Click Send Code.
It may take up to 7 days for your domain transfer to complete.