Kajabi recommends using Cloudflare to help with security and performance, giving your users a great experience all for free! To learn how to connect your custom domain using Cloudflare follow our guide here. Kajabi gives you the freedom to import a custom domain in place of the .mykajabi subdomain for users to visit your site. Follow this tutorial to learn to connect your custom domain to your Kajabi site without using Cloudflare.
In this article:
- Step 1: Add your domain name to Kajabi
- Step 2: Adding or changing your CNAME
- Step 3: Verify your domain in Kajabi
- How to add a Forwarder to your Custom Domain
- How to Remove your Domain from Cloudflare
- How to Transfer your Wix Domain Away from Wix
Step 1: Add your domain name to Kajabi
To connect your custom domain to your Kajabi site:
- Open the Settings tab from the dashboard and select Custom Domain.
- Click Setup routing with a CNAME instead.
- In the Domain field, enter the custom domain name you want to connect.
- Then, click Next.
- Before verifying the domain, you will need to add or edit (depending on your DNS provider) the CNAME record to ssl.kajabi.com. Before clicking Verify go to Step 2:
Step 2: Adding or changing your CNAME outside Kajabi
Before verifying your domain in Kajabi, you will need to add a CNAME to your domain in your DNS Provider or edit the existing CNAME so that the domain points to
Who is my DNS Provider?
Your DNS Provider manages your domain. If you are not using a service like CloudFlare to manage your DNS, this is the domain registrar from where you purchased your domain (e.g., GoDaddy or Google Domains).
Adding CNAME in GoDaddy example:
Your DNS Provider may look different than the example above. Please refer to your domain registrar's support or help center for information on how to add a CNAME record to your DNS Provider.
Learn how to add/edit the CNAME record for a few popular hosting services:
Step 3: Verify your domain in Kajabi
After adding/editing the CNAME of your domain, navigate back to Kajabi and click Verify Domain:
We'll run some magic on the backend and your custom domain should be good to go 🎉
Lastly, you'll receive an email to confirm that your domain is successfully connected:
How to add a Forwarding Rule to your Custom Domain
When setting up your custom domain, you will want to make sure that no matter if the www. is entered or not, your site will always be the endpoint. To ensure this happens, you will need to add a Forwarder to your Domain through the registrar that you are using to host your domain such as Bluehost, HostGator, Google Domains, or GoDaddy. Each of these hosts has their own flow for doing this, so depending on your host your setup may slightly differ.
Learn how to add/edit a Forwarder for a few popular hosting services:
How to Remove your Domain from Cloudflare
If you already have your Custom Domain set up with Cloudflare and would like to remove it, you'll need to complete these steps in order:
- Revert your Name Server back to your registrar
- Add and Configure your Domain Records in the registrar
- Remove your Custom Domain from your Site
- Remove your Custom Domain from your Cloudflare account
How to Transfer your Wix Domain Away from Wix
Check out Wix's guide on transferring your Wix Domain for details.
It may take up to 7 days for your domain transfer to complete.