Learn to use the Exit Popup in Premier to encourage your website visitors to stay on your site when they attempt to exit your page.
In this article:
What is an Exit Popup and How Does It Work?
The Exit Popup is typically used to encourage your visitors to stay on your website page and continue learning more.
The popup appears when your visitor's mouse crosses the line separating the page from the address bar at the top of their browser:
This triggers the Exit Popup when your visitor attempts to leave the page.
Your Exit Popup can be customized to appear after a specific amount of time the visitor has been on the page, or when they show intent to leave by crossing the line at the top of your page, whichever occurs first.
If your page is viewed on Mobile Devices, the Exit Popup will only appear if you have the Exit Popup Time Reveal Settings set up (this feature is only available when creating custom Pages on the Website tab and not your standard Website Pages).
Customizing your Exit Popup
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Select the page you wish to customize or create a new page.
- Click Customize to open the page editor.
- In the sidebar, scroll to the bottom and click Exit Popup.
- Select Enable Popup.
- Toggle on Edit Popup to view the popup as you edit:
- After customizing your Exit Popup, be sure to deselect Edit Popup.
- Then, click Save.
- To test and preview your Exit Popup, click Preview and watch your popup appear according to your customizations!
Exit Popup Features:
Customize your Exit Popup to appear after a specified number of seconds or when your visitor expresses intent to leave by moving across the address bar in their browser, whichever occurs first:
Customize the number of days until the next time your Exit Popup appears for return visitors. This makes it so that your site doesn't trigger the Exit Popup every time your return visitors attempt to leave for a specified number of days:
- Customize your Exit Popup Content with an image, text, and/or background color.
- If you choose to use an image, the suggested dimensions for an Exit Popup are 1200 x 600 pixels.
Call to Action
- If you would like to include a Call to Action in the Exit Popup, click Add Call To Action at the bottom of the Exit Popup Editor.
- To learn more about the Call to Action button, click here.
And that's how to use the Exit Popup in Premier! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!