To build content into your Course to include a video, assessment, links, body of text, and/or downloadable files, you will need to create a Lesson. Learn to create a new Lesson in your Course Product.
In this article:
Adding a new Course Lesson
Build your content into your Course Product with Course Lessons.
To add or create a new lesson:
- Open the Products tab from your Dashboard.
- Select the Course you want to edit.
- Click + Add Content next to the Module title.
- Then, select Lesson.
- Title your Lesson (Remember, your Lesson title can be updated later).
- Click Create Lesson to keep your changes:
Click into your new Course Lesson to build your content.
Looking to reorder your Lessons and Modules? Learn more.
Want to use an existing quiz for your Course Product? Learn to import an existing lesson or quiz into your Course Product.
Building your Course Lesson
Edit your Course Lesson Details to communicate your content to your customers.
With Lesson Details:
- Title your Course Lesson.
- Assign your Course Lesson to your desired Module.
- Include a description or additional content in the Body of your Course Lesson.
Unfamiliar with Lessons and Modules? Click here to learn more!
Select the media you wish to attach to your Course Lesson.
Choose to attach:
- None - Build your content into the Lesson Body
Utilize the Downloads section to upload downloadable documents and resources that your customers can take with them.
Learn to add downloadable files to your Course Lesson for more details.
Downloads can include any downloadable resource such as:
- Slide decks
- and more!
Automations are powerful tools that use when/then/if logic to help you streamline processes within your site and automate basic actions to help you scale your business.
Learn more about Automations in Course Lessons.
Change the visibility of your Lesson:
- Published to make your Course Lesson visible to your customers.
- Draft to keep the Course Lesson unpublished and invisible to your customers until you are ready to Publish.
- Lock encourages your customers to complete a specific Lesson before moving on to the next Module. Your customers will be able to move on to your locked Module when the specified Lesson has been marked "complete".
- Drip is used to release content over time. Dripped content will be released based on the specified number of days from your customer's access date.
Upload a thumbnail image that will appear to your customers when they are viewing the Course.
Your customers' Lesson comments can be configured to be visible, hidden, or locked. Learn to manage comments in your Course Lessons.
And that's how to create a Course Lesson! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!