Learn to embed your video into a Product Post from external video hosting platforms such as Youtube or Vimeo.
In this article:
- Uploading Videos with Links
- Share a Video with the Video Embed Code
- How to Download Video from Youtube and Vimeo
Vimeo and Youtube do not allow downloading videos from their sites, however, you can share videos through popular social media platforms and by sharing with the Video Embed Code. Learn to share a video in your Product Post with the Video Embed Code.
To embed a video in your post:
- First, copy the embed code you would like to embed into the Body of your Product Post.
- Then, open the Products tab from the dashboard.
- Click into an existing Product or create a new one.
- Edit the post where you want to embed the video.
- Scroll to the post body.
- Open the source code <>.
- Paste the embed code into the source code <>:
Uploading Videos with Links
Uploading Videos into your Product Post can be accomplished with video files from Google Drive, Dropbox, your local hard drive, and with links. However, the Links field will not accept links to a video hosted on a site like Youtube or Vimeo because they are not direct links to the actual video files that the file uploader requires. Keep in mind, video hosting sites like Youtube and Vimeo do not allow the downloading of videos from their site with a link to protect the creator and owner of the video.
The file uploader in Kajabi requires a file type to accept a Youtube or Vimeo link. For instance,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQwould not be accepted.
http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.mp4would be an acceptable file link because of the .mp4.
Follow our guides on How to Download Video from Youtube and Vimeo :
- Learn to download videos you have uploaded into Youtube by visiting YouTube's Help Guide.
- Learn to download videos you have uploaded into Vimeo by visiting Vimeo's Help Center.
After downloading your videos from YouTube and/or Vimeo, upload your downloaded video into your Product Post in Kajabi. Learn to upload videos to your Product Post.