Learn to set up your Opt-In Forms to trigger an automation based on your submitters' response with a custom Checkbox Field Type.
Creating an Opt-In Form that triggers an Automation based on the response of the submitter requires Advanced Automations available with the Growth and Pro Plans. Click here to learn more about the different plans.
Customize your Form Automation
To trigger an Automation based on the response of your Form submitter, create a new Automation in your Form:
- From the Dashboard, select Marketing then select Forms.
- Create a new form or choose an existing form to edit.
- Under Form Fields, choose Add Form Field.
- Then, Create a New Field.
- Add a title to your Custom Field and under the "Type" dropdown, select Checkbox.
- After creating the new Checkbox field, click Add Automation.
- Select the action you want to occur after the form is submitted in the Then dropdown menu.
- Then, click the Add Condition button.
- Select the name of the Custom Checkbox field filter in the Select Filter drop-down menu. (This can usually be found towards the bottom of the drop-down).
- Enter 1 in the final field to trigger the Automation if the box is checked in the Form.
To set up Automations in a Form based on if a Custom Checkbox is NOT checked, repeat this process but substitute a "0" for the "1". This indicates that the Checkbox was not marked.