Bounced emails impact the reputation of your mailing list and can negatively affect your email deliverability. Learn how to delete your contacts with bounced emails.
In this article:
Bounced vs. dropped
Dropped emails - Emails being sent to addresses already known to be invalid will be dropped. This can occur if multiple senders send to the same invalid address.
Hard Bounced emails - A permanent error that can be caused by invalid email addresses, disabled inboxes, or if a domain doesn't exist.
Because we know how important it is for your content to reach your subscribers' inboxes, Kajabi helps you manage your Hard Bounced contacts and improve your email deliverability by automating the process of unsubscribing your Hard Bounced emails.
Learn more about How Auto Unsubscribe Helps you Maintain a Healthy Mailing List.
How to remove bounced email addresses
Although Kajabi helps you manage your Hard Bounced contacts by automatically unsubscribing them from your Email List, it's still best practice to occasionally clean up your List by removing Hard Bounced Emails yourself.
To remove contacts with hard bounced email addresses:
- Open the Contacts tab from your Dashboard.
- Click into the Segments dropdown menu.
- Select Hard Bounced.
- Click the Select All checkbox.
- Then, open the Bulk Actions menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Actions menu and click Delete.
- At the prompt, review the warning that deleting contacts cannot be undone.
- Then, click Permanently delete to permanently remove your hard bounced contacts:
And that's how to delete bounced email addresses! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!