Bounced emails impact the reputation of your mailing list and can negatively affect your email deliverability. Learn how to delete the contacts of bounced email addresses.
In this article:
Why delete bounced emails?
The best method of ensuring a high deliverability rate is by nurturing a healthy mailing list. Bounced emails impact the reputation of your mailing list and can negatively affect your email deliverability. Read How to Optimize Email Deliverability for details.
Hard Bounced vs. Dropped:
Dropped emails - A temporary error commonly caused by a full inbox on the recipient's end. Kajabi will make several attempts to deliver the email, but if the email does not go through, it will drop.
Hard Bounced emails - A permanent error that can be caused by invalid emails, disabled inboxes, or if the domain doesn't exist.
Because we know how important it is for your content to reach your subscriber's inbox, Kajabi helps you manage your Hard Bounced contacts and improve your email deliverability by automating the process of unsubscribing your Hard Bounced Emails. Learn more about How Auto Unsubscribe Helps you Maintain a Healthy Mailing List.
To remove Hard Bounced email addresses:
Although Kajabi helps you manage your Hard Bounced Contacts by automatically unsubscribing them from your List, it is always best practice to occasionally clean up your List by removing Hard Bounced Email Addresses.
- From your Dashboard, click on the People tab.
- Then, click Filters.
- Open the dropdown menu under Select Filter.
- Under the Email Broadcast Filters heading, click Email broadcast bounced.
- Then, choose from the Select email broadcast dropdown.
- Click Apply.
- Once the filtered contact list generates, click Select All to bulk delete.
- In the Actions dropdown, select Delete.
- Then, confirm by following the prompts.