YouTube Live is a tool for creators to connect with their community in real-time. You can use YouTube Live to stream an event, class, or workshop directly within your Product on Kajabi. YouTube Live has tools to help you manage your live streams and interact with viewers via webcam, mobile, or encoder streaming. Learn how to use YouTube Live in a Product.
In this article:
Step 1. Verify your YouTube account
Before you go Live with YouTube there are a few steps you will need to complete on your YouTube account.
First, make sure that the Live Stream feature is enabled in your account settings on YouTube.
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Go to your YouTube Studio.
- Click Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Select Channel.
- Click Feature Eligibility.
- Ensure that your Default Features and Features that require phone verification are Enabled:
If your features are disabled, verify your YouTube account.
Click here to learn how to verify your YouTube account with YouTube's support guide.
Step 2. Set up your YouTube Live and create an embed code
If your YouTube account allows live streaming as verified in Step 1, set up your YouTube Live and create an embed code to embed onto your Product Lesson on Kajabi.
To create your YouTube Live:
- In your YouTube Studio dashboard, click Create.
- Then, select Go Live.
- In the live dashboard, select Stream or Webcam.
- Proceed to customize your Live stream details by creating a title, specifying your time and date, and selecting your audience type.
- Then, click Next.
This will prompt a streaming preview.
- If you wish to upload a custom image for the Thumbnail or retake your Thumbnail, hover over the image and select your desired option:
To copy your embed code:
- After customizing your Live Stream details, click the SHARE button.
- Click the copy icon next to your Video link.
- Paste your Video link into a different tab on your web browser.
- Navigate to the SHARE button directly below the video player.
- Click Embed.
- Then, click Copy:
Don't see an embed option? Learn to embed videos and playlists with YouTube's support guide.
Step 3. Prep your product Lesson to go live
Now that you have prepared your YouTube Live Stream, paste your live stream embed code to the body of your Product Lesson to complete your setup:
- Open the Products tab.
- Select the Product you wish to edit.
- Open the Product Lesson to add your YouTube Embed code.
- Navigate to the Body section and select the source code icon (</>).
- Paste your embed code for your YouTube Live.
- Click Save to keep and apply your changes:
Looking to upload a video from your YouTube account onto Kajabi? Click here to learn how to embed a video onto your Product Lesson.
And that’s how to use YouTube Live in a Product! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!