Going Live to deliver your content within your Product is achievable using YouTube Live. By going Live your members will be able to learn course material in real-time.
In this article:
Before going Live
Before you go Live there are a few steps you will need to complete on your YouTube account.
First, you want to make sure that the features Live Stream and Embed Live Streams are enabled in your account settings on YouTube.
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Go to your YouTube Studio.
- Click Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Select Channel.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to Other channel settings and click Manage your YouTube Account.
- Click Channel status and features.
- Locate the Live streaming and Embed live streams cards and confirm they are enabled. If not, follow Youtube's instructions on how to enable Live Stream and Live Stream Embedding.
Set up your YouTube Live and Create an Embed Code
- In your YouTube Studio dashboard, Click Create then select Go Live.
- In the live dashboard, you have the option between Stream and Webcam.
- Create a title, add time and date, select your audience type, and click Next. This will prompt a streaming preview.
- If you wish to upload a custom image for the Thumbnail or Retake Thumbnail, hover over the image and select your desired option.
- In the Popup, click Share.
- Then, click Embed and Copy.
[note] You must allow embedding for your video to play directly from your Page. If it is left unchecked, your viewers will be prompted to open in YouTube.
Prepping your Post to Go Live
- From your Dashboard, choose the Products tab, then choose the Product you would like to go live in.
- Within that Product, select the specific Post where you would like to embed the Youtube Live.
- In the Post Builder, Scroll to the Body section and select the two < > source code brackets in the top left corner.
- Paste the Embed Code of your Youtube Live link when prompted.
- Press Save.