Learn to add a Two-Step Opt-in Popup to your page built with Premier.
In this article:
- Why use a Two-Step Opt-In instead of the traditional One Step Opt-In Form?
- How to Create a Two Step Optin
- Customizing your Two Step Optin
Why use a Two-Step Opt-In instead of the traditional One Step Opt-In Form?
A Two Step Optin can improve the rate of Opt-Ins with an Opt-In popup.
The Two Step OptIn launches an Opt-In Form popup after your webpage visitor clicks a Call to Action button to gain access to the promised value.
The Two Step OptIn has been shown to improve the rate of Opt-Ins because of the Foot-In-The-Door Phenomenon; a psychological event in which people are more likely to commit to a larger action when first asked to commit to a smaller action.
In this case, the user commits to clicking the Call to Action button before committing to filling out the Opt-In Form.
How to Create a Two Step Optin
Step 1: Create and Customize your Two Step Optin Popup
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Select the page you wish to customize or create a new page.
- Click Customize to open the theme editor.
- In the sidebar, scroll to the bottom and click Two Step Optin.
- Select Show Popup.
- Customize your Two Step Optin Popup appearance and click Save:
Step 2: Create a Call to Action button to trigger the Two-Step Opt-in popup
To enable your Two-Step Optin, set up a button or Call to Action to open the Two-Step Optin when clicked.
Keep in mind, although you can create multiple Call to Action buttons in one page to trigger your Two-Step Optin, you can only create and customize one Two-Step Optin on a single landing page.
- In the Theme Editor, select or create a Call to Action (CTA) Section to trigger the Two-Step Optin.
- In the button or CTA, click CTA or Button Action.
- Then select Open two step optin popup as the action.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Customizing your Two Step Optin
Customize your Two Step Optin Popup by showing an Image, selecting an Opt-in Form to display, redirect your users to a Thank You Page after Form Submission, and edit the overall appearance of your Two Step Optin Popup.
Include additional content to your popup to contain more images, text, and add a Progress Bar to encourage urgency.
Toggle this setting on to show you popup in the editor. Be sure to uncheck this before you finish editing.
If you choose to display an Image in your popup, be sure to toggle Show Image on to display your uploaded image.
To select a Form from the dropdown, you must first create a Form in your Marketing tab.
Click Edit Forms to edit and create a Form:
Thank You Page
Set up the the action triggered after the Form is submitted from the page.
- Go to a Landing Page
- Go to a Checkout Page
- Download a File
- Go to a URL
Customize your message displayed on the Button to submit the Form.
Customize the appearance of the Form displayed in your popup:
- Input Label: change the appearance of the labels for the Form Fields.
- Button Style: create a solid color button or an outlined button.
- Button Width: choose to take up the full width of the Form or the Auto size based on the Button Text.
- Button Color: brand your button with your colors.
- Button Text Color: brand your button text for solid buttons (selected in Button Style).
Customize the Background Color and Text Color of your Two Step Optin Popup.
Include additional content to your popup:
- And add a Progress Bar to encourage urgency.