Learn to drip content to release Product Posts over time from your Members Start Date.
In this article:
- Setting up drip content
- Configuring drip settings
- Member drip email notification
- Customizing the member drip email notification
Setting up drip content
Drip content allows you to release content within a Product over time instead of giving the Member immediate access to everything up front.
With drip content you have the ability to set Categories or Sub-Categories in Kajabi to release any number of days after a Member gains access to the Product (i.e., from their Start Date).
For example, if you set a Category to release 7 days after your Members start date, your Member will gain access to the Product Posts in the Dripped Category 7 days after their start date.
This is useful if you want to have new content released to a member each day, week, or month after they join.
To drip content:
- Choose the Products tab from your Dashboard.
- Click the Product you wish to edit or create a new one.
- Locate the Category or Sub-Category within the Product you want to Drip.
- Click the Content Release Icon ✅ on the right of the Category or Sub-Category you want to Drip.
- In the dropdown menu, select the Drip Icon 🕓.
- Choose how many days after purchase/grant that you want the Category or Sub-Category to be available and hit save.
- Repeat for the following Categories depending on how often you want content to be released:
Configuring drip settings
If a Category is set to Drip, an email will be sent to the Member on the day that the Category becomes available to them at the time you specify in your Settings tab under Drip Settings.
To do this:
- Start from your Dashboard.
- Select the Settings Tab.
- Click on Drip Settings.
- Choose your desired time, time zone, and check the box indicating you would like to send a notification email to your members when their content becomes available:
Member drip email notification
When content is released, your Members are notified with an automated email sent by your site. Learn more
The default Email Template for Member Drip Notifications looks like this:
Customizing the member drip email notification
To customize this email template:
- From your Dashboard, choose Settings and then Email Templates.
- Scroll down to the Member Drip Notification template.
- Edit to your liking and press Save: