Learn to create a Category to organize your Product experience for your Members.
In this article:
What is a Category?
A Category is an organizational tool to contain your Product Posts under a similar heading.
For example, if you are teaching a course on drumming for beginners, and you have Product Posts (i.e., lessons or modules) that teach drumming techniques as well as the different kinds of sticks you can use, you could create Categories for "Techniques" and "Stick Types" to organize your lessons under specified Categories.
Creating a Product Category
To create a topic, chapter, or subject in your Product, you will need to create a Category:
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Product you wish to edit.
- Then, click + Add Content.
- Select New Category.
- Enter your Category details (Title, description, thumbnail).
- Click Create Category.
Your new category will be added to the bottom of your Product Outline:
Rearranging your Product Category
To rearrange the order of your Product Categories:
- Hover over the folder icon for your desired Category.
- Then, click and drag your category to your desired location: