Learn to create a Category with the new Product Admin Experience.
In this article:
What is a Category?
A Category is an organizational tool to contain your Posts under a similar heading.
For instance, if you are teaching a course on drumming for beginners, and you have Posts that teach about drumming techniques as well as the different kinds of sticks you can use, you could create Categories for "Techniques" and "Stick Types".
Creating a Product Category
To create a topic, chapter, or subject in your Product, you will need to create a Category:
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Product you wish to edit.
- Then, click + Add Content.
- Select New Category.
- Enter your Category details (Title, description, thumbnail).
- Click Create Category.
Your new category will be added to the bottom of your Product Outline:
Rearranging your Product Category
To rearrange the order of your Product Categories:
- Hover over the folder icon for your desired Category.
- Then, click and drag your category to your desired location: