In this Article:
- Create a brand new Community
- Edit Community Details
- Post to your Community
- Create and utilize Topics
- Customize your Community sidebar
Create a brand new Community
- Select Product from the dashboard
- Click + New Product in the top right corner.
- Choose Community from the list of Product Templates and give your new community a Name. Don't worry, the name can be edited later on. Then click Save.
Edit Community Details
- Click Edit Details from the Community dashboard.
- Add a title, description, and product image.
- Choose to use an image as your community logo or the title of the community as the logo.
- Add your brand colors for the Community.
- Set your Community homepage to the Feed view or the Topics view:
Customize your Community sidebar
- From the community dashboard, click Customize Sidebar.
Here you can enter and edit the text that will display in your community sidebar. This is a great place to layout your vision, mission, and purpose for the community, as well as a list of guidelines for your members to follow.
Post to your Community
- Then, click Go to Community.
- Click Write Something to create a Post:
To learn more about posting to your Community, follow along with our in-depth tutorials on Community Posts here:
Create and utilize Topics
To Create a Topic:
- From the Community dashboard, click + Add Topic from inside the Topics section.
- Give your Topic a title and a Description, and if you'd like to color coordinate your topics inside the dashboard, select a tab color for your topic. Then click Save.
To Post inside a topic:
- From the Comunity dashboard, click Go to Your Community.
- In your Community, click the Topics tab then select the Topic you would like to Post in.
- Here you can create a Post inside the created Topic.