A Kajabi Community allows your members to interact with one another. As the administrator, you can set Topics for discussion or post into the community Feed where your members go to engage with one another. Learn how to create a community and how to use and moderate your Community!
In this article:
- Create a brand new community
- Edit community details
- Customize your community sidebar
- Post to your community
- Create and utilize topics
Create a brand new community
- Open Product from the Dashboard.
- Click + New Product in the top right corner.
- Choose Community from the list of Product Templates and give your new community a Name. Don't worry, the name can be edited later on.
- Then, click Save:
Edit community details
- Click Edit Details from the Community Dashboard.
- Add a title, description, and product image.
- Choose to use an image as your community logo or the title of the community as the logo.
- Add your brand colors for the Community.
- Set your Community homepage to the Feed view or the Topics view:
Customize your community sidebar
- From the Community Dashboard, click Customize Sidebar.
Here you can enter and edit the text that will display in your community sidebar.
This is a great place to layout your vision, mission, and purpose for the community, as well as a list of guidelines for your members to follow.
Post to your community
- Click Go to Community from your Community Product dashboard.
- Click Write Something to create a Post:
To learn more about posting to your Community, follow along with our in-depth tutorials on Community Posts:
Create and utilize topics
To create a topic:
- From the Community Dashboard, click + Add Topic from inside the Topics section.
- Give your Topic a title and a Description, and if you'd like to color coordinate your topics inside the dashboard, select a tab color for your topic.
- Then click Save.
To post inside a topic:
- From the Community Dashboard, click Go to Your Community.
- In your Community, select the Topics tab.
- Then, select the Topic you would like to Post in.
- Here you can create a Post inside the created Topic:
Looking to move your Community Post to a different topic? Learn more