Learn to create an automation to track customers who haven't completed a video in your Course Lesson.
In this article:
Step 1. Create a tag
To segment, tag, or track customers who've only watched a portion of a Course Lesson video and haven't completed it, you'll need to create an Automation:
- Open the Products tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, open the Course where you want to do your tracking.
- Click on the Course Lesson with the video you want to track.
- Inside the Lesson Editor, scroll down to Automations and click + Add Automation.
- Click on the dropdown menu in the Then field and select Add a tag.
- Create a tag for those who've completed the Course Lesson by entering the tag name into the Type to add a new tag... field.
- Then, click Save:
Step 2. Filter your contacts according to your tag
Once you've tagged your customers, you can use filters to view the segment of your customers who have the tag applied to them. You can also use filters to view the customer segment without the tag.
After adding a tag:
- Open the Contacts tab from the left sidebar.
- Click on Filters to filter your contacts.
- In the Category Filter dropdown menu, select Products.
- For the Conditional Filter, select Has.
- In the Value Filter, select the Course Product with the Automation.
- Then, click + Add filter to create an additional filter.
- In the Category Filter dropdown menu, select Tags.
- For the Conditional Filter, select Does not have.
- In the Value Filter, select the Tag you created for those who completed the Lesson.
- Click Apply Filters:
By doing this, you'll be able to see the customers who haven't completed the Course Lesson video.
And that's how to segment, tag, or track customers who have watched a portion of a video in your Course Lesson. Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!