With Frictionless Checkout, your users are no longer required to log in or create an account before purchasing an Offer on your site. Learn to use frictionless checkout if you were previously using the basic checkout.
In this article:
- Enable frictionless checkout
- Checkout flow with frictionless checkout
- After purchase
- If a potential user does not finish creating their Member account after purchase
Enable frictionless checkout
- From the Dashboard, click Products.
- Then, select Offers.
- From there, choose the Offer you would like to edit and click on the title.
- In the top menu, select Edit Checkout.
- In the sidebar, select Extra Contact Information.
- Uncheck the option to collect name and password.
- Then, click Save to keep your changes:
Checkout flow with frictionless checkout
With the basic checkout, customers were required to create an account as they purchased.
Frictionless Checkout no longer requires your users to log in or create an account before purchasing an Offer on your site.
They will simply:
- Add their email address (or sign in if they are existing users on your site)
- Choose their payment process
- Complete the purchase:
After completing the purchase the user will be forced to finish creating their Member profile. They will be asked to:
- Fill in their name
- Create a password:
Once they have created their account they will be redirected to their Library page by default or the Thank You Page you've set up for that specific Offer in the After Purchase section.
If a potential user does not finish creating their Member account after purchase
In the event that a user does not complete filling in their name and password after the purchase, we will automatically fill in those fields with relative defaults.
The user will be prompted to finish creating their Member account each time they visit the site after the purchase.
We will send the Purchase Confirmation Email 30 minutes after the initial purchase if they have still not completed creating their Member account.