Learn to add an Event Video to your pages built with Kajabi to create an engaging video viewing experience for your page visitors.
In this article:
What is an Event Video?
An Event Video is a video with its visibility based on a set date and time. This feature is most popularly used to advertise and launch prerecorded Webinars.
The Event Video Block generates multiple Blocks displayed at set schedules leading up to, during, and after the Video Event.
Customizing your Event Video Block will display all four Blocks to allow you, the administrator, to view the sequence as you edit. However, your page visitors will only see one Block at the appropriate time.
What does an Event Video Sequence look like for my users?
Adding an Event Video block
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Open the page editor for your Page. Learn more
- Click the Section you want to edit or create a new Section.
- In the sidebar, click Add Content.
- From the list, select Event Video.
- Your newly created Event Video Block will generate at the bottom of the Section.
- Select an existing Event to display in the Block.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Customizing your Event Video block
Select Your Event
To select an Event from the dropdown, you must first create an event in your Marketing tab.
- In the Event Block Editor, navigate to the Event dropdown.
- Click Edit your Events directly below the Event dropdown:
Learn more about Events in Kajabi for details.
Call to Action
Add and customize the action and appearance of a Call to Action button.
Customizing the Call to Action button will change the appearance of your Event Buttons displayed in the:
Customize the messaging of each Button in their respective Event Block Settings.
Customize the messaging displayed before the Event begins by editing the text (to fit your language and brand), font size, and color of the Numbers and Labels.
To customize the Number and Label Color click the Color Wheel to select a color from your site color palette.
If you prefer to use a custom color, click the color wheel and then either enter your RGB color code or use the sliders to choose your color.
- The vertical bar allows you to select the hue.
- The square box allows you to adjust the brightness.
- The horizontal bar allows you to select the opacity of your color.
At Event Start
Customize the messaging when the Event begins:
- Event start heading
- Event Start Button Text
Configure the During Event Block Settings by uploading the Video to be played for the Event, select an Image for the Video thumbnail, customize the Player color, and configure the Video Player Controls.
Select the controls you want your viewers to have by enabling or disabling the Video Player Control settings:
- Show Controls On Load: display the video play controls when video loads.
- Play button: Display a large play button in the center of the video when video loads.
- Allow Full Screen: Allow your viewers to expand the video to Full Screen.
- Show Small Play Button: Display a small play button in the bottom left corner of the video.
- Show Playbar: Display a playbar that displays a visual timeline of the video.
- Video Settings: Displays video settings like quality control and playback rate.
Customize your messaging after the end of the Event Video:
- After Event Heading: customize the text displayed in the Heading.
- After Event Button Text: customize the text displayed in the After Event Button.
- After Event Button Action: specify the Action when the After Event Button is clicked.
Event Button Action
Similar to the Call to Action choose to:
- Lead a visitor to a custom Landing Page
- Lead to a sale by going to a Checkout Page
- Encourage your audience to download a file
- Lead to any website page with a URL link
- Open a Two-Step Optin Popup
- And act as a link to lead to a section of the page
The Event Offset feature will delay the start of the Event by whatever amount of time you specify in the settings.
For instance, if you set the Event Offset for 3 minutes on an Event that starts at 10 am, the Countdown Timer will be set to end at 10:03 am.
This allows registrants of your Event to join the Event before the Event officially begins as indicated by the timer.