Webhooks in Kajabi are URLs that link two apps together, automatically triggering an action in an app after completing and action in another app.
For example, adding a contact to InfusionSoft using an Activation Webhook URL for a specific Offer in your Kajabi account will automatically grant the contact access to that Offer in Kajabi.
When troubleshooting Kajabi Webhooks, you may encounter the following payload errors:
- email: can’t be blank
- name: can’t be blank
- email: is invalid
Often, the solution is verifying that both the name and email are included on the webhook.
It is also good practice to confirm the email is valid.
Follow this chart to successfully troubleshoot your Webhooks error:
Additional useful Information when troubleshooting Webhooks
- Webhooks always require the name and email the external_user_id is optional.
- The app prioritizes the external_user_id over the email, if present, the targeted user is the user with theexternal_user_id and not the email address.
- The easiest way of dealing with making the email andexternal_user_id match would be to use the email address as theexternal_user_id.
- Support can update all existing users' external_user_id to be the email address.
- Going forward, the user needs to set up all webhooks/zaps to use the external_user_id.
- The case-sensitivity of the email address no longer seems to be an issue.
- Make sure that the required Key-Value Pair/payload is on the top-level, if it's under nested it will not work and it will give you "Email can't be blank and Name can't be blank" error as shown below.