Linking to specific sections of a page is a valuable tool to help your site visitors navigate your page. Learn to link to a section of a page by using a temporary Call to Action button to attain the link or by using anchor tags.
In this article:
Link to a section using a call to action
First, open the page you want to link to:
- Open the Website tab from your Dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Select the page containing the section you want to link to.
Then, create a link to the section:
- Create a Call to Action Button in the sidebar editor, and navigate to the newly created call to action button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Button to edit.
- Navigate to the sidebar editor and click the Button Action dropdown.
- Select Go to a Section of this Page, then choose the Section you would like to link to.
- Enable Open In New Tab.
- Preview this page and right-click the CTA Button, and click open link in a new window.
- Use the URL in the newly created window as a link to the desired section of that page:
- After copying the link, Hide or Delete the CTA and click Save.
- Then, paste the URL to a Text or Button in another Page or Email to link to the Section.
Adding an anchor tag to a section of your page
The second method of linking to a section is by using an anchor tag.
With an anchor tag, you can link to any section of your page containing your added anchor tag. This allows you to "anchor" a section of your page to use for your hyperlink.
- Click into the Text Block you want to lead to, click
<>in the Text Editor.
- Then, insert the following code with your desired Anchor Tag.
We recommend creating an Anchor Tag that is relevant to the section. Keep in mind, the URL linking to the Anchor Tag will be visible to the visitors clicking the link.
- add #AnchorTag to the end of your URL to send your audience to your anchor link.
In the example below:
The URL to the Anchor is: https://help.kajabi.com/eva#growtogether
<a name="GrowTogether"></a>then your URL must have #GrowTogether and not #growtogether. Notice the difference in the first letter of each word. Be sure to match your URL to your Anchor Tag including any applicable lowercase or uppercase letters.
And that's how to link to a Section of a different Page! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!