Three essentials you need to have in place before promoting to the world:
- Create Your “About Me” Page
- Set-Up Your Email Capture Form
- Publish 2-4 Blog Posts
Create your "About Me" Page
According to the New York Times best selling author Neil Patel, your About page is the second most visited page of your website. There are many reasons why a user visits your About page, but they all boil down to the desire for information.
Use your About page to share these three key points:
- State the goal of your blog
The opening of your blog post should state the goal of your blog. Why are you starting this blog in the first place? Is there a mission or cause behind your desire to start this blog?
- How this blog will help
Next, talk about how your blog will help the reader. What are some of the specific ways you plan to help others? Will you be publishing a weekly blog post? Will your blog include videos?
- Who you are
Finally, fully introduce you and your story. Always remember that you are not the hero of the blog. Your target audience is the hero. You are just the guide. Because of that, we don’t lead by touting our credentials or why we are qualified to help.
Still, people will want to know who is behind the blog so feel free to share your story. Once your outline is ready, just focus on writing a paragraph or two for each point in your outline.
Set Up your Email Capture Form
Second, set-up your email capture form. Use Kajabi’s built-in email marketing features to get set-up quickly. When designing your blog inside Kajabi, there are two places you’ll want to create an email capture form.
- The first place is in the top right sidebar of your blog posts. This is above the fold by design and is designed to capture people’s attention. Make it possible for visitors to give you their email address.
- The second place is at the bottom of the blog post page. Once a reader gets done reading your blog post, they are looking for what to do next. The bottom of your blog post is a great place to incentivize them to give you their email address. You can do that by offering a PDF, resource list, spreadsheet, guide or checklist.
Publish 2-4 Blog Posts
The last element you want in place before promoting your blog is to have two to four blog posts. We want more than one post because we want the readers to stick around. If we have more than one piece of content there is a great chance they will spend more time on our site.