Editing the Audio Files
We recommend opening Screenflow, Camtasia, Imovie or any other video editing software you choose.
First, open the file or locate where the recordings are being stored on your device. If you have recorded your lessons on your phone, then you are going to need to get them from your phone onto your computer. If you have an Andriod and a PC please connect your phone to your computer using an adaptor.
Next, open the application and select a new document. The size I am setting my document to is 1920x1280 pixels. Once your workspace has opened, look on the right-hand side and click the music button. This is where all of your recordings should be. If your recordings are not under the music tab and are on your desktop, drag them into the timeline of your new project.
If you need to cut out any audio perhaps where you misspoke, following these steps:
- Put the red marker where you want the cut to begin. Press T.
- Then find where you want the cut to end, and press T again.
- Once the chunk of audio is selected, click on it and it should highlight yellow. Once it is highlighted, press delete!
- You may see a gap now between audio, to fix that grab onto the clip on the right side and it should be highlighted yellow, drag it until it meets the left-hand clip.
Repeat this step until you are happy with the final result.
Adding an Image
- Now, you need to add an image to your audio clip, so it can be saved as an mp4 and uploaded as a "Video" in Kajabi, even though it is still audio.
You can either go to Unsplash for royalty-free images, or you can create your own using Canva. Both of these sites are linked below for your convenience. Please pause this video and come back when you have an image.
- Make sure the image is saved to your desktop. Locate the image and drag it into the first row of the timeline. When it is in the proper place you will see a green plus sign, that is when you are good to let go and drop it into that row of the timeline.
- Now, we need to make it go the duration of the audio file, so highlight the image, hover over the end of the image and 2 arrows will appear, then drag it to the end of the audio clips. You are ready to export this audio file.
- Click File, then Export. Give it a name and choose where you want to save it, once that is complete, press Export. Then repeat these steps for the remaining audio files.