Yes! Edit your links to open in a new tab or window in your visitors' web browsers. Learn to add your links to your Pages and Navigation Menus and encourage your visitors to explore different pages without exiting the initial page.
In this article:
Edit your link
Configuring links to open in a separate tab is accomplished by adding text to the end of your page URL. This instructs the web browser to open the link in a new tab. Which means you can simply apply the methods below to Call to Action (CTA) buttons, Navigation Menu links, and Image Actions to go to a URL that will open the linked page in a separate tab on your visitors' web browsers.
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Select Navigation.
- Click the Edit icon next to the link you wish to edit or create a new one.
- Place your cursor at the end of the URL and paste
/"target="_blankto the end of the URL.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Read How to Customize Website Menus and Links for more details.
Call to Action (CTA) buttons
- Add a Call to Action block to your Page.
- Open the Call to Action settings in the left sidebar editor.
- Navigate to Button Action.
- Select Go to a URL in the dropdown menu.
- Enter the URL you want your CTA button to lead to when clicked.
- Place your cursor at the end of the URL.
- Check the checkbox next to "Open In New Tab."
- Click Save to keep your changes.
Read How to Use a Call to Action for more details.
- In your Page, click the Image block to access the editor.
- In the sidebar, locate the Image Action dropdown menu.
- Click the dropdown menu and select Go to a URL.
- In the field below, copy and paste your URL into the text box.
- Navigate further down the sidebar editor and check the checkbox next to "Open In New Tab."
- Click Save to apply your changes:
Using a link in a text block requires a different method to create a link that will open in a separate tab. Learn to Insert/Edit Links in a Text block to open in a separate tab when clicked.
- Hover over the Text block you wish to edit and click Edit.
- In the sidebar editor, highlight the text you wish to hyperlink.
- Once highlighted, click the Insert/Edit Link icon.
- Enter your URL in the first text box in the editor popup.
- In the Target selector menu, choose New window.
- Click Ok.
- Then, click Save to apply your changes:
Still have questions? Let us know your question below to have it added to the list or reach out to Support if you need additional assistance. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!