Learn to build your Blog sidebar to help your Blog visitors navigate your Blog seamlessly with links, opt-ins, buttons, a search bar, and more.
In this article:
How to customize your blog sidebar
Seamlessly redirect your Blog visitors to additional content with images, links, and opt-ins.
Your sidebar can also be used to showcase your recent Blog Posts, communicate your Author information, and include an All Categories link to view all of your Blog Categories.
To customize your blog sidebar:
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click the Pages tab.
- Select your Blog page from your list of Website pages.
- Under Sections, select Blog Listings.
- Check Show Sidebar.
- Click Add Content and begin building your Blog Sidebar:
Add blocks to your Blog Sidebar:
Add your information as the Author and customize the text displayed in your Author information including Name, Title, Bio, and Image.
Call to Action
Use a Call to Action to encourage an immediate response from your users to:
- Lead a visitor to a custom Landing Page
- Lead to a sale by going to a Checkout Page
- Encourage your audience to download a file
- Lead to any website page with a URL link
- Open a Two-Step Optin Popup
- And act as a link to lead to a section of the page
Use Categories to easily filter through your Blog Posts when visitors view your Blog. Read How to Categorize your Blog Posts for details.
Create Custom blocks in your Blog Sidebar to include Images, a Call to Action (CTA), and additional text content.
Add an Image to your sidebar to enhance the visual experience of your Blog Homepage and act as an optional button by configuring the Image Action.
List your most recent posts for your Blog visitors to easily access.
Add a search bar to the homepage of your Blog for your visitors to easily search your Blog Posts.
Include Social Links to connect your Blog visitors to your social networking pages. Simply copy and paste your social networking page to its corresponding text box in the Sidebar Editor.
Rearrange your sidebar blocks
- In the sidebar editor, click Blog Listings.
- Navigate to the Sidebar section.
- Hover your mouse over the
=and drag your Sidebar Blocks to your desired location.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Separate your Sidebar by putting it in a Container. In the Sidebar container settings, you can change the Container Background, Border, Border Width, Border Radius, and Box shadow.