Learn how to create, customize, and use your community product with your Membership based Products.
In this Article
To Create a Community Product
Community is a space inside your Kajabi site to foster communication, collaboration, and creativity among your users. It is comparable to a forum or Facebook Group and acts as a product.
- Select the Products tab from the dashboard.
- Then, select All Products.
- Click + New Product in the top right corner.
- From the many product blueprint options, select Community. Give it a title and click Generate.
Once you have created the Community product, you will be taken to the backend Community Dashboard. This is where you have full control to be able to customize our Community to reflect your brand.
Inside Edit Details
- Edit the community title
- Add a description
- Add a thumbnail image
- Upload your logo or choose to use text instead
- Select the primary and accent color for your Community.
Next, decide how you want your Community to be displayed; through Feed or Topics.
- The Feed view is where it will show all of the posts from every category, displaying by most recent,
- The Topic view shows all possible topics in which your members can post in.
- Toggle on the desired display.
Below the view options is the option to select a custom navigation bar. Once you have selected your preferred Nav Bar, press save!
To customize your Navigation Bar
- From the Community Dashboard, in the top navigation bar, select Customize Sidebar.
- The sidebar will appear on the right side of your community product. Here, you can add:
- community guidelines.
- valuable information about you or your business.
- images or links that help tell your story to your customers.
- Clicked Customize Sidebar, A text box will appear on the screen this is where you will add all of the desired text, images, and links. Once you are complete, make sure to press Save!
To view your Community Analytics:
In the Community Dashboard below the Navigation bar, you can check valuable community analytics such as New Posts and New Members. Customize the timeline of these metrics to read from the last 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, or from All Time.
To Add Topics to your Community Page:
Adding topics to your Community is a great way to be able to direct the discussion towards subjects related to your course or your mission as a business. You can use the Topics section to generate discussions specific to areas you'd like to highlight within your customer community.
- Under the Topics Block, click Add Topic.
- Add a title and a description then customize your tab color.