Learn to include a Chatbox with a Live Webinar Pipeline using Youtube Live in Kajabi to interact with your viewers in real-time during your webinar.
In this article:
The Legacy Webinar Pipeline, Live Webinar (YouTube Live), is required to enable a chat box in the Legacy Webinar Pipeline. The chat box will not display with a pre-recorded webinar or the Zoom OVO Webinar Pipeline.
Create a Webinar Pipeline
- Log into your Kajabi account.
- Open the Marketing tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Pipelines.
- Click + New Pipeline.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and select Legacy Pipelines.
- From the selection of Legacy Pipelines, choose Webinar then click Create Pipeline.
- In the Webinar Type dropdown, be sure to select Live Webinar (YouTube Live).
- Select the Time and Date of the Webinar, the Time Zone, and an Offer you would like your Webinar Viewers to purchase:
Set Up Your Youtube Live
- In your Youtube Studio dashboard, Click Create then select Go Live.
Configure your Youtube Live Settings
- Create a title and select Public or Unlisted.
- Select No, it's not made for kids for the Audience Type.
Youtube Live chat is only available if your live stream's audience is set for not made for kids.
- Scroll down and click More Options.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Ensure that Allow Chat is enabled.
- Return to the Basic Settings and click Next. This will launch a streaming preview to attach as the Thumbnail.
- If you wish to upload a custom image for the Thumbnail or Retake Thumbnail, hover over the image and select your desired option.
- In the Popup, click Share.
- Copy the ID at the end of the link to your clipboard, in this example:
Connect Your Youtube Live to Your Pipeline
- Head back into the Kajabi Pipeline page and click into Webinar Room.
- Select Youtube Live in the sidebar on the right and paste the ID into Video ID.
- Make sure to check Show Chat.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
- Fill out the remaining steps in the Pipeline Checklist to finish your Webinar Pipeline with Youtube Live.