Go Live with YouTube directly from your site using a Video Embed block and deliver your content in real-time.
In this article:
Before going live
Before you go Live there are a few steps you will need to complete on your YouTube account.
First, you want to make sure that the features Live Stream and Embed Live Streams are enabled in your account settings on YouTube.
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Scroll down and click on your Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Select Channel.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to Other channel settings and click Manage your YouTube Account.
- Click Channel status and features.
- Locate the Live streaming and Embed live streams cards and confirm they are enabled. If not, follow Youtube's instructions on how to enable Live Stream and Live Stream Embedding.
In order to enable Embedding and Livestream, you may need to create a Google Adsense account.
Set up your YouTube live and create an embed code
- In your YouTube Studio dashboard, Click Create then select Go Live.
- In the live dashboard, you have the option between Stream and Webcam. For this tutorial, we chose Webcam.
- Create a title, add time and date, select your audience type, and click Next. This will prompt a streaming preview.
- If you wish to upload a custom image for the Thumbnail or Retake Thumbnail, hover over the image and select your desired option.
- In the Popup, click Share.
- Then, click Embed and Copy:
Connect your YouTube Live to your page
Embed your YouTube Live using a Video Embed block on your Page.
Add a Video Embed Block:
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Open the page editor for your Page. Learn more
- In the sidebar panel, click the Section you want to edit or create a new Section.
- In the sidebar, click Add Content.
- From the list, select Video Embed.
- Your newly created Video Embed block will generate at the bottom of the section.
- In the sidebar, paste the Embed Code into the Embed Code field.
- Click Save to keep your changes:
Continue customizing your page and prepare to Go Live!