Learn to send a Certificate of Completion directly from Kajabi when your customer completes a Course Product. Certificates of Completion can be created, designed, and sent through a variety of methods. Learn to create a simple Certificate and streamline the process by setting up an Automation directly from your Kajabi account.
In this article:
- Step 1. Design your Certificate of Completion
- Step 2. Create an Automation in your final Course Lesson
Step 1. Design your Certificate of Completion
In order to send a Certificate of Completion, first design your certificate to fit your brand and business.
Design your Certificate of Completion using image editing tools like Canva to create beautiful, branded certificates for your customers.
For this tutorial, you'll want to design a general Certificate to apply to all customers completing your Course Product. If you wish to create and send personalized Certificates, refer to How to Create a Certificate with Google Slides or How to Send Certificates of Completion with Accredible.
Then, download your Designed Certificate of Completion to your local hard drive.
Example Certificate designed with Canva:
Step 2. Create an Automation in your final Course Lesson
After designing your certificate, you're now ready to set up your Automation in Kajabi to send the certificate as an email attachment to customers who complete your Course Product.
Creating the Automation:
- Open the Products tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Course Product you wish to edit, or create a new one.
- Select your final Course Lesson.
- Navigate to the bottom of the Lesson Editor and click + Add Automation.
- Open the "Then" Action triggered by the completion of the Lesson.
- Select Send an email.
- Select To the person.
- Customize your email and click the paper clip icon to add an attachment.
- Use the File Picker to upload your Certificate of Completion.
- Click Ok and Save to keep your changes:
With your Automation set up, customers who complete your last Lesson will receive an email containing their Certificate of Completion!
The next step depends on your Kajabi Plan and your vision for your Certificate.
Read Basic vs. Advanced Automations to learn more about Automations in Kajabi.
If you have a Kajabi Basic Plan:
Your Automation will add a tag when a customer completes the Lesson. Click Save to keep your changes.
If you have a Growth or Pro Plan, you have the option to:
Automatically add a Tag when your customer completes the Lesson.
Or automatically add a Tag when your customer passes or completes an Assessment:
- Click Add Condition.
- Open the Select filter dropdown menu.
- Select your desired conditional filter: Completed any of these assessment(s) or Passed any of these assessment(s).
- In the next field, select your Assessment.
- Click Apply and Save to keep your changes:
And that's how you can send a Certificate of Completion with Automations! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!