Learn the keys to succeeding online with digital products & services.
Your Blueprint for Selling Products & Services Online
1. Keep doing what you're doing
- Know your business inside out.
- Take steps to enhance your core knowledge.
- Focus on what works and discard what doesn't.
2. Make mistakes
- Mistakes are inevitable in business.
- Figure out where you went wrong, then change your approach.
- Design a systematized process to prevent the same mistakes going forward.
3. Take the long-haul approach
- Business success doesn't happen overnight.
- It takes time to build a following, create content, and distribute promotional materials.
- Celebrate small wins along the way.
- Keep your end goal in mind so you can focus and stay motivated.
- Take it one day at a time.
4. Create quality content
- Your audience comes first. How can your content make their lives easier?
- Don't get discouraged if someone else has written the end-all, be-all piece of content on a topic. No one else has your exact same perspective. No one else can explain things exactly the way you do.
- Keep a swipe file of content that inspires you: articles, headlines, infographics, ads, websites.
- Pay attention to your audience and keep a running list of ideas-either half-baked or fully developed-at all times.
- Produce long-form content. You'll get more engagement and better Google rankings.
- Strike a balance between producing high-quality content and publishing less than perfect content.
- Be consistent.
5. Keep learning
- Never get complacent with your current knowledge base. You can teach others, but continue learning for your own benefit.
6. Read, listen, and watch
- Pay attention to what your competitors are doing.
- Watch industry trends closely.
- Learn from other entrepreneurs and marketers-even if they work in a different niche.
7. Learn from other's mistakes
- You don't have to make your own mistakes to learn from failure. Pay attention to others' mistakes, too, so you don't repeat them.
8. Don't be afraid to outsource
- If certain tasks are outside your "zone of genius," consider outsourcing jobs or building a small team.
- Don't be afraid to invest in people.
9. Invest in premium tools
- Prioritize the technical capabilities you need for your business.
- For your most important tool or software, get the best version.
- Be aware of the tradeoffs or risks when using free tools and plugins.
10. Focus on your core competencies
- You'll find your greatest success when you can leverage your core competencies.
- If you're always doing what you do best, you'll find success faster.