Learn more about your Product Outline and how to utilize the tool with ease.
In this article:
Product Outline Walk Through
Now that Your Product is taking shape, let's go through the options in the Product Outline, so you can use this tool with ease.
Product Outline as a Tool
View your Product (Course) Title, edit the details of your Product, preview your Course from your customer's perspective, and customize the structure and set up of your Course.
In the top Navigation bar:
- Edit Details can be used to edit the Product (Course) Title, Description, and Image as you learned in the previous lesson.
- Preview your Product from the view of your Member (customer).
- Customize the appearance of your Product according to your branding and vision such as the Product Theme, Color Palette, Text, Images, Links, and more within your Product.
- More Actions allow you to create Product Announcements, Manage Comments, View your Member's Product Progress, and Clone or permanently Delete your Product.
Product Categories and Product Posts
Below the Navigation Bar, you will see Product Outline with a blue
+ icon next to it. Click this icon to create new Categories for your Product or use it to upload multiple videos in bulk.
Product Categories are subjects or topics for the lessons in your course. You can think of Product Categories as a house or chapter for all lessons within a topic (Category).
Product Posts are the lessons within the Product Categories. Your Product Posts can include a Video or Assessment, body of text, downloadable files, and more.
Select the blue
+ icon next to each Category title to create new Product Posts and add Subcategories to organize and deliver your content according to your vision.
Learn more about Product Categories and Product Posts.
Edit your Product Categories
Click the title of the Product Category to access the Product Category Editor:
- Name your Product Category.
- Description of the Product Category and the content within the Category.
- Poster image appears in the customer's Product Syllabus, the main page displayed to your Member after they log in.
Now that you have an understanding of how to use the Product Tool, let's set up your outline and start adding your own content.
A Product Outline is how you organize your course content for your customers.
The main components of a product outline are:
- Category: Ways to break up your content so your customers can easily see the different topics available to them in your course.
- Sub Category: A way to further organize the content within a category of your course.
- Post: Where you will add your videos, text, downloadable files, automations and image. A post is the equivalent to a lesson.