With Advanced Automations available with the Growth and Pro Plans, learn to automate changes to your Member's subscription and Offer access.
In this article:
Why use automations?
Automations are a powerful tool when scaling your business. Automating various processes, like upgrading or downgrading a Member's Subscription, allow you to work effectively and efficiently as your list and your business grows.
Using Automations to help your Members change their subscription mimics upgrades and downgrades and will only impact future payments.
Setting up your offers
Step 1. Create multiple offers
Step 2. Add automations
Create Automations for each Offer tier to discontinue payment and access to the Offer if an upgraded or downgraded Offer is purchased:
- In the Offer Editor, scroll to Automations.
- Click + Add Automation.
- Open the THEN dropdown menu.
- Select Deactivate from offer (discontinues payment & access).
- Select the Offer that will deactivate the Offer you are editing if purchased (the downgraded or upgraded Offer tier).
- Click Add Condition.
- Select Has any of these offer(s).
- Then, select the same Offer selected in the "THEN" field to ensure that only Members who owned the Offer are deactivated.
- Click Save to apply your changes:
Then, repeat Step 2. Add Automations for every Offer that will trigger the cancelation of the Offer you are editing (adding a different Offer in the THEN action and Condition for each new Automation). This will upgrade or downgrade your Member depending on their current Offer tier prior to purchase:
After adding Automations to your first Offer, continue adding Automations for every Offer tier as shown in Step 2. Add Automations.
After adding all of your applicable Automations to every Offer, each Offer should have Automations just as the example shown below (click the image to expand):
Setting up your Automations for each Offer will ensure that your Members can upgrade or downgrade their current Offer by simply purchasing the upgraded or downgraded Offer you provide.