Learn to connect your custom email domain to Kajabi to brand your sender information in the marketing emails you send to your list.
In this article:
- Email domains
- Create your unique DNS records in Kajabi
- Add your DNS records to your domain registrar
- What happens during the verification process?
- Removing your custom email domain
Custom email domains offer a great way to add credibility to your brand when sending marketing emails to your list.
When you join Kajabi, you're set up with Kajabi's shared marketing email domain to benefit from the excellent sender reputation Kajabi has spent years building. Using Kajabi's shared marketing email domain gives you the opportunity to build your own sender reputation as you scale your business.
However, if you're sending a significant number of marketing emails every week, creating and connecting a custom email domain can help solidify your brand!
Customizing your email domain allows you to brand your sender information on the email marketing content you send to your list. Please note that transactional emails (i.e. non-marketing emails) will continue to be sent through Kajabi's email domain. Learn about marketing and transactional emails for more details.
Why customize your email domain?
Building trust and credibility takes time and consistency. A custom email domain can help build trust and credibility with your email recipients by presenting a consistent, professional brand.
Building trust and credibility is HUGE for any business.
As an increasing number of people become familiar with your brand and the value you offer, using a custom email domain can encourage engagement with your marketing emails and improve your conversion rates.
Create your unique DNS records in Kajabi
In order to generate your unique DNS records in Kajabi, you must first add your custom email domain in your Kajabi Marketing Settings.
To create your DNS records:
- Open the Settings tab on the lower left of your Kajabi dashboard.
- Select Marketing Settings.
- Scroll down to the Email Settings section.
- Locate your Custom Email Domain settings.
- Input the From name, From email, and Reply-to email for your custom email domain.
- Then, click Setup Custom Email Domain.
- Your unique DNS records will appear on the Custom Email Domain Setup page:
Add your DNS records to your domain registrar
To connect your custom email domain to Kajabi, you'll need to add the following DNS records provided by Kajabi to your DNS provider:
- Two TXT records
- Two MX records
- One CNAME record
Click the links below for detailed steps on how to add your Kajabi DNS records to specific DNS providers:
- How to connect a custom email domain with Bluehost
- How to connect a custom email domain with GoDaddy
- How to connect a custom email domain with Google Domains
- How to connect a custom email domain with Namecheap
- How to connect a custom email domain with SiteGround
- Connecting your custom email domain with CloudFlare
What happens during the verification process?
The verification process can take up to 48 hours due to the timeframe for the Domain Name System (DNS) changes to propagate.
What does this mean?
To create a successful connection:
- A custom subdomain has been added to ensure that your records don't interfere with existing domains.
- Your DNS changes must propagate, meaning that Internet Service Provider (ISP) nodes across the world must update their caches with your new DNS information.
Can I send emails during this time?
Yes! As your custom email domain propagates, your marketing emails will continue to send via Kajabi's shared marketing email domain.
Can I make changes to my 'from' information during this time?
After updating your DNS records, you can continue to make changes to your "from name", "from email", and "reply-to email". These changes will not impact your custom email domain setup.
Regardless of your connection status (i.e. connection pending, error, or successful connection), you can continue to make changes to your 'from' information.
How will I know when it's done?
After the verification process has completed, you'll receive an email notification from Kajabi Support:
- Your custom email sending domain is confirmed
- There is a problem with your custom email sending domain
If you've received an email notification that your custom email domain is confirmed, your marketing emails will now be sent to your list using your newly branded email domain!
What if there's a problem?
If there's a problem verifying your email domain, Kajabi will notify you by changing the Marketing Email Domain Sending status to indicate that there's been an error during the verification process:
Removing your custom email domain
If you wish to remove your custom email domain and send your marketing emails with Kajabi's shared marketing email domain instead:
- Open the Settings tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, select Marketing Settings.
- Scroll down to Email Settings and locate your Custom Email Domain settings.
- Click Remove Custom Email Domain.
- Then confirm by clicking Continue:
And that’s how you can connect a custom email domain! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!