The Subscription Status is an important indicator as to whether or not your contacts are subscribed to receive your marketing emails.
In this article:
The Subscription status is located in the Email Marketing column from your People tab:
A contact is added to your site by manually adding them to your People tab or by subscribing through a Form or Automation. By subscribing, your new contacts give you permission to send email campaigns to their subscribed email address.
With Kajabi, your People tab makes it easy for you to view the contacts that are subscribed or not subscribed!
Subscribed contacts are subscribed to receive your marketing emails.
Their Subscription Status will display in your People tab as "Subscribed" under the Email Marketing column:
Unsubscribed contacts will not receive your marketing emails.
Due to the various methods a contact can be unsubscribed, included with the Unsubscribed status is the action that triggered the Unsubscribe:
- Manual Unsubscribe: You or one of your authorized users unsubscribed the contact. Or the contact manually unsubscribed from your email marketing by updating their email preferences from their account.
- Opted out: Contact opted out from receiving your marketing emails by clicking unsubscribe in the footer of the email received.
- Bounced: Automatically unsubscribed as a result of a hard bounced email.
- Marked spam: Contact marked the email as spam in their inbox.
- Never Subscribed: Contact added to the People tab without subscribing to marketing emails.
Excluded contacts are subscribed to your marketing emails, but are ineligible to receive your marketing emails due to their lack of engagement and high-risk status.