Learn to create filters to better manage and organize the contacts in your People tab with the new look.
In this article:
Why use filters?
Organize and manage your list by narrowing your focus with filters. Additionally, filters can help you build Segments to design personalized marketing and efficiently manage your list.
With the People tab's new look, you can add multiple filters, clone filters, and use the same filter more than once!
Creating filters require you to select:
- Category: a specific division available in Kajabi
- Conditional: dynamic requirements or conditions specific to the Category selected
- Value: the specified value for the Category and Conditional
Filter your list to manage and organize your contacts:
- Open the People tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Filters.
- Select your Category, Conditional, and Value:
After creating a Filter, click Apply Filters or add a new Filter to narrow your list even further.
If you wish to create a Segment with your Filter(s) simply click Save as segment after applying your filters! Learn more about Segments
Things to consider when applying filters
There are a few things to consider when applying filters to your People tab, in order to obtain the most accurate filter results.
Consider the following information when creating filters:
Applying duplicate Categories:
- If multiple instances of a filter with the same category and conditional are applied, the duplicate instance will be omitted, regardless of if there is a difference in values:
Instead, it is best to use categories that allow you to select multiple values.
Selecting multiple values:
- Depending on the selected Category, you may be able to select multiple values. For example, creating a Filter with the "Offer" or "Tags" Category allows you to select multiple Values to define the Filter:
- Applying a Filter for "Offer" with the Conditional, "Owns", functions as an "OR" statement, not as an "AND" statement:
- Applying "Tags" with the Conditional, "Has any" or "Has all", functions as an AND statement when selecting multiple Tags for the Filter:
- Click Filter.
- Navigate to the right of your Filter and click
- Select Remove: