Learn to build your list with the Two-Step Optin in your Blog.
In this article:
What is a Two-Step Optin?
A Two-Step Optin is a popup that appears when a button or call to action is clicked on your Blog homepage or Blog Posts.
The two steps in the Two-step Optin:
- Click a button
Two-Step Opt-ins are powerful tools that leverage human psychology to encourage opt-ins. By committing to the initial small step, clicking a call to action, your site visitor is more likely to commit to the next step, opting in.
With this simple feature, you can improve your rate of opt-ins with a customized, branded popup. Kajabi's Two-Step Optin is an easy-to-use alternative to traditional opt-in popups.
Plus, it's flexible.
In your Blog, you can use it to display a message, an image, or a Progress Bar - all to grow your list.
Setting up your two-step opt-in
Step 1. Create and customize your two-step opt-in popup
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Select the Blog or Blog Post page from your list of Website Pages.
Create a Two-Step Optin Popup for your main Blog homepage or for every Blog Post.
- In the sidebar, click Two-Step Optin.
- Select Edit Two Step Popup
- Customize your Two Step Optin Popup to display your Form and any additional Blocks.
- Uncheck Show Popup and click Save to apply your changes:
Step 2. Create a call to action button to trigger the two-step opt-in popup
To enable your Two-Step Optin, set up a button or Call to Action to open the Two-Step Optin when clicked.
Keep in mind, although you can create multiple Call to Action buttons in your Blog homepage or Blog Posts to trigger your Two-Step Optin, you can only create and customize one Two-Step Optin Popup for your Blog homepage and one Popup to appear across all Blog Posts.
For the purpose of this guide, we will create a Call to Action in the Blog Sidebar to enable the Two-Step Optin Popup when clicked.
- Navigate back to the sidebar editor.
- Open the Blog Listings section.
- Click Add Content under the Sidebar section.
- Select Call to Action.
- Locate Button Action in the sidebar control panel.
- Select Open two-step opt-in popup.
- Customize your button message and button appearance from the sidebar control panel.
- Click Save to apply and keep your changes:
Customizing your two-step opt-in
Edit Two Step Popup
Enable this setting to show the popup in the editor. Be sure to uncheck this before you finish editing.
Edit the Image Block
If you choose to display an Image in your popup, be sure to select Show Image on to display your uploaded image.
Edit the Form Block
- Click into the Form block in the sidebar editor.
- Select a form from the dropdown menu labeled Form.
To select a Form from the dropdown, you must first create a Form in your Marketing tab.
Select a Thank You Page
Set up the action triggered after the form is submitted from the page.
- Go to a Landing Page
- Go to a Checkout Page
- Download a File
- Go to a URL (Be sure to use the full URL. For example, https://kajabi.com/)
Customize your message displayed on the Button to submit the Form.
Customize the appearance of the Form displayed in your popup:
- Input Label: change the appearance of the labels for the Form Fields.
- Button Style: create a solid color button or an outlined button.
- Button Width: choose to take up the full width of the Form or the Auto size based on the Button Text.
- Button Color: brand your button with your colors.
- Button Text Color: brand your button text for solid buttons (selected in Button Style).
Customize the Background Color and Text Color of your Two-Step Optin Popup.
Include additional content to your popup:
- And add a Progress Bar to encourage urgency.