If you are receiving a warning to "be careful with this message" from your Email Campaign, your "From" email address is likely the same as the recipient email address.
In this article:
Why does this happen?
Are you getting a warning message when viewing your Email Campaign similar to the warning below?
With various email clients (like Gmail), you are likely to receive this message if:
- Your "From" email address is the same as the email address of the recipient.
- The "Reply-to" email address differs from your "From" email address.
- The "From" email address contains the same domain as the recipient email address domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com).
Will all of my recipients get this warning?
No, recipients with the same email address as your "From" email address typically include:
- Yourself; this often occurs when testing your own Email campaigns.
- Team members sharing the same email address domain.
For example, if you include an internal team member as a recipient, your team member's email address likely shares the same domain as your "From" email address (e.g., @yourbusinessdomain.com). This will not happen if you send a campaign to a common email client (e.g., @gmail.com).
How do I remove this warning?
This warning is generated by the email client (e.g., Gmail) and cannot be altered or removed with Kajabi.
The good news is, this message will only display for recipients sharing the same email address as your "From" email address (for example, yourself and your team).
However, to prevent this warning from appearing on future emails, you can do any one of the following:
1. Mark your email as safe
The warning typically includes buttons to report spam or phishing or to mark the email as safe.
Prevent this warning from appearing in the future by selecting the button to mark the message as safe:
2. Send your test emails to a valid email address with a different domain than the "From" email address
Testing your Email Campaigns is a great practice to ensure that your campaign delivers to your recipients exactly as you intend.
Not sure how to test your Email Campaigns? Learn more
If you are sending a test email to yourself, try using a valid email address different than your "From" email address.
For example, if your "From" email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org", send a test email to your "email@example.com" email address.
Still have questions? Let us know your question below to have it added to the list or reach out to Support if you need additional assistance. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!