Learn to install and activate the Website Builder and begin designing your website pages with the latest editing capabilities.
In this article:
Installing the website builder
Update your website with the new Website Builder to customize the overall appearance of your Standard Website Pages.
Step 1. Install your template
First, select your desired template:
- Open the Website tab from your Dashboard.
- Click Manage Themes.
- Select Pick a Theme.
- Click your desired template.
- Then, click Get Started:
…menu next to the name then selecting Rename.
Step 2. Customize your standard website pages
Now that you have installed the new Website Builder, customize your standard website pages to best fit your brand and business:
- Next to the newly installed template, click the color palette icon to Customize.
- Navigate to the sidebar and open Settings to first configure your global page settings.
- Then, customize your website pages with the Website Builder. Be sure to click Save after each change you wish to apply.
- Navigate through your standard website pages to customize with the Website Builder by using the bottom left dropdown menu:
This will allow you to build out your new website with the Website Builder behind-the-scenes!
When you are ready to make the switch with your new website, activate your newly customized template.
Continue reading to learn how to activate your template.
Step 3. Activate your template
Each Website template can be customized independently of each other. The activated template will be the only template visible to your visitors.
This allows you to design your website behind-the-scenes and launch with an all-new, completed look.
After customizing your newly updated website, activate your template to launch your new look:
- Return to your list of installed templates.
- Click the
…menu next to your new template.
- Select Activate:
Congratulations, you have now launched your new website with the Website Builder!