Learn how to connect your custom email domain from Bluehost to your Kajabi Account.
In this Article:
To connect your custom email domain to Kajabi, you will need to add the following DNS Records provided by Kajabi to your DNS Provider:
To access DNS records in Bluehost:
- Open and login to Bluehost.
- From the Bluehost dashboard, click Domains.
- Then, click Manage next to the site you would like to connect your custom email domain to.
- Click DNS.
To add your unique DNS records from Kajabi to Bluehost:
Step 1. Add TXT Records
- Scroll down to navigate to the TXT (Text) Record section and click Add Record.
- this will create a Host Record field, a TXT Value field and a TTL Value field.
- Copy the first TXT host entry in Kajabi and go back into Bluehost and paste into the Host field
- Leave the TTL at 4 hours.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for the second TXT record.
Step 2. Add MX Records
- Scroll up to the MX records section in Bluehost and click Add Record.
- Bluehost will then create a Priority field, Host field, and a Points-To field.
- Enter 10 into the Priority field.
- Then, copy the first MX Host entry in Kajabi and then paste into the Host field in Bluehost.
- Locate and copy the Value entry for the first MX record and then paste it into the Points-To field in Bluehost.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for the second MX Record.
Step 3. Add CNAME Record
- Scroll up to the CNAME record in Bluehost and click Add Record.
- Bluehost will then create Host and Points-To fields.
- In Kajabi, copy the Host name and paste it into the Host field in Bluehost.
- In kajabi, copy the Value entry and then paste it into the Points-To field in Bluehost.
- Click Save.
Step 4. Wait
After completing Step 3, wait up to 48 hours for the DNS changes to propagate.
What does this mean?
To create a successful connection:
- A custom subdomain has been added to ensure your records do not interfere with existing domains;
- Your DNS changes must propagate, meaning Internet Service Provider (ISP) nodes across the world must update their caches with your new DNS information.
Can I send emails during this time?
Yes! As your custom email domain propagates, your marketing emails will continue to send under Kajabi's shared marketing email domain.
Can I make changes to my from information during this time?
After updating your DNS records, you can continue to make changes to your "from name", "username used for the from email", and the "reply-to email address". These changes will not impact your custom email domain set up.
Regardless of your connection status (i.e., connection pending, error, or successful connection) you can continue to make changes to your from information.
How will I know when it's done?
After the verification process has completed, the Custom Email Domain setting will change and you will receive an email notification from Kajabi Support:
- Your custom email domain is verified and ready to use
- Or there is a problem verifying your domain
If you have received an email notification that your custom email domain is ready for use, your marketing emails will now be sent to your list with your newly branded email domain!
What if there is a problem?
If there is a problem verifying your domain, Kajabi will notify you in the Custom Email Domain Setting:
Removing your custom email domain
If you wish to remove your custom email domain to continue with Kajabi's shared marketing email domain:
- Open the Settings tab from the Dashboard and select Marketing Settings.
- Locate the Custom Email Domain section.
- Click Remove Custom Email Domain.
- Then confirm by clicking Remove Custom Email Domain again: