Learn to upload files to your Blog Posts to provide your blog visitors with additional resources.
In this article:
- Upload a file for your blog posts
- Step 1. Create a landing page
- Step 2. Link your landing page to your blog post
Upload a file for your blog posts
Deliver supplemental resources to your Blog Post visitors including pdfs, images, graphics, etc. to take with them after reading your Blog Post.
To add a downloadable file, you will need a standalone landing page, your downloadable file, and a call to action button.
With Kajabi's many features, you can upload your downloadable file onto a landing page and design a landing page specific to your file.
Then, when your Blog Post visitors click your call to action button in your Blog Post they will be redirected to your landing page encouraging them to download your file.
Step 1. Create a landing page
To give access to your downloadable file from your blog post, you will need to create a separate landing page on Kajabi to hold your file.
In order for your blog post visitors to access your file, they will need to click a button to be redirected to your custom landing page containing your file.
First, you will need to create and customize your landing page to showcase your file.
To create your landing page with a downloadable file:
- Open the Website tab from your Dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Then, open your Landing pages folder.
- Click + New Landing Page.
- Select the template that fits your design and brand.
- Enter your page title.
- Click Create:
After selecting your desired template, add a Call to Action (CTA) Section or CTA Block to contain your downloadable file:
- Click into the Section you wish to add your Call to Action (CTA) to.
- Click Add Content.
- Select Call to Action.
- Open the Call to Action Block Setting from the sidebar panel.
- Enter the text you wish to display on your button in the Text field.
- Select Download a file from the Button Action dropdown menu.
- Click Pick file to upload your file onto the page.
- Customize your Call to Action button with the remaining Call to Action settings. Learn more
- Click Save to keep and apply your changes:
After configuring your Call to Action Section, customize your page to highlight your Call to Action to easily direct your visitors to the file.
Step 2. Link your landing page to your blog post
Now that you have prepared your landing page, it is now time to add your landing page link to your blog post.
To add your landing page link to your blog post:
- Navigate back to your Kajabi Dashboard.
- Copy the link to your newly created landing page. Learn more
- Then, open the Website tab and select Blog.
- Create a new Blog Post or select an existing Blog Post to edit.
- Enter the text for your link and select it with your cursor.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link button in your Blog Post Text Editor.
- Paste your Landing Page link in the URL box.
- Select a Target:
- None - Open the link in the current window
- New Window - Open in a different window
- Click Ok.
- Then, click Save to keep and apply your changes:
After completing this final step your Blog visitors will now be redirected to your custom-created landing page when they click the link to download your file from your Blog Post!
Preview your blog post to test your visitor's experience.
And that’s how you can upload a file to your Blog! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!