Sending a PDF file to a customer after they make a purchase allows you to deliver a PDF as your main product, a freebie, or supplementary content for your customer. Learn how to send a PDF to a customer after a purchase.
In this article:
Send a PDF through an email
Use an Automation to send a customer a PDF file in an email, which they can download after they purchase your Offer.
Step 1. Create an automation
- Open the Sales tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, click Offers.
- Select the title of the Offer you would like to include the PDF with.
- Locate the Automations section at the bottom of the page.
- Click + Add Automation.
- From the "When" dropdown menu, select Offer is purchased.
- From the "Then" dropdown menu, select Send an email.
- Select To the Person:
Step 2. Add your PDF to your automated email
- Enter the Subject and Body text of your email.
- Click the Upload File icon and upload your file.
- Edit the Text to display on the download link of your PDF.
- Optional: Enter a title.
- Click Ok.
- Optional: Add a conditional.
- Click Save:
Your customers will now receive an automated email containing your PDF as a download after they purchase your Offer.
Send a PDF with a Thank You Page
After a customer makes a purchase, you can direct them to a Landing Page with a Call to Action (CTA) button that allows them to download your PDF.
Step 1. Create a new Landing Page
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Select Pages.
- Click the Landing tab.
- Select + New Landing Page.
- Choose one of the templates in the Thank you section.
Note: You may use any landing page template you like, this is just a suggestion.
- Click Get started.
- Give your Landing Page a Title.
- Click Create:
Step 2. Edit your Call to Action (CTA) button to include a download
- Hover over your Call to Action button and click Edit.
Note: If your landing page template does not already have a Call to Action button, you will need to add one.
- Select Download a file from the Button Action dropdown menu.
- Click Pick File and upload your PDF.
- Optional: Select Open In New Tab.
- Design your button color, text color, size, and style.
- Change any other text, sections, or blocks on your landing page as needed.
- Click Save:
Step 3. Change your Offer's Post Purchase settings
- Open the Sales tab from the Dashboard.
- Select Offers.
- Click the title of the Offer you would like to include your PDF with.
- Locate the Post-purchase settings section.
- Then, select Existing Landing Page.
- Select your Thank You page from the landing page dropdown menu.
- Click Save at the top of your Offer page:
Your customers will now be directed to your Landing Page that contains your Call to Action button that can be used to download your PDF after they purchase this Offer.
And that's how to send a PDF to a customer after a purchase! Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!