Sending a PDF file to a Member after they make a purchase allows you to deliver a PDF as your main product, a freebie, or supplementary content for your Member. Learn how to send a PDF to a Member after a purchase.
In this article:
Send a PDF through an email
Use an Automation to send a Member a PDF file in an email that they can download after they purchase your Offer.
Step 1. Create an automation
- Open the Sales tab from your Dashboard.
- Then, click Offers.
- Select the title of the Offer you would like to include the PDF with.
- Locate the Automations section at the bottom of your Offer page.
- Click + Add Automation.
- From the "When" dropdown menu, select Offer is purchased.
- From the "Then" dropdown menu, select Send an email.
- Select To the Person:
Step 2. Add your PDF to your automated email
- Enter the Subject text of your email.
- Click Upload File.
- Use the file uploader to insert a file.
- Edit the Text to display on the download link of your PDF.
- Optional step: Enter a title
- Select a Target.
- Click Ok.
- Edit the Body text of your email.
- Optional: Add a conditional.
- Click Save:
Your Members will now receive an automated email containing your PDF as a download after they purchase your Offer.
Send a PDF with a Thank You Page
After a Member makes a purchase, you can direct them to a Landing Page that contains a Call to Action (CTA) button that allows them to download your PDF.
Step 1. Create a new Landing Page
- Open the Website tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Pages tab.
- Click the Landing pages folder.
- Select + New Landing Page.
- Select one of the templates from the Thank You & Confirmation section.
Note: You may use any landing page template you like, this is just a suggestion.
- Click Preview.
- Click Get Started.
- Give your Landing Page a Title.
- Click Create:
Step 2. Edit your Call to Action (CTA) button to include a download
- Hover over your Call to Action button and click Edit.
Note: If your landing page template does not already have a Call to Action button, you will need to add one.
- Select Download a file from the Button Action dropdown menu.
- Click Pick File and upload your PDF.
- Optional: Select Open In New Tab.
- Design your button color, text color, size, and style.
- Change any other text, sections, or blocks on your landing page as needed.
- Click Save:
Step 3. Change your Offer's Post Purchase settings
- Open the Sales tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Offers tab.
- Click the title of the Offer you would like to include your PDF with.
- Locate the Post-purchase settings section.
- Then, select the Existing Landing Page.
- Select your Thank you page from the landing page dropdown menu.
- Click Save at the top of your Offer page:
Your Members will now be directed to your Landing Page that contains your Call to Action button that can be used to download your PDF after they purchase this Offer.