Are your customers seeing a "We could not deliver email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to update your email address" message? Learn to help your customers update their email address and gain a better understanding of the behavior causing the error.
In this article:
- What does this message look like?
- What can cause this message to display?
- How to fix your customer's email address
What does this message look like?
If your customers encounter this issue they will see a red alert at the top of their library page:
This message will display on the customer's Library page if there are any issues sending emails to their email address.
What can cause this message to display?
Possible reasons this message may display:
- Invalid email address
- Incorrect email address
- Temporary sending issues
The alert serves as a reminder for the customer to update their email address.
It is important to note that this does not prevent them from receiving further emails from your site on Kajabi. Additionally, new emails that are successfully sent to the customer will clear this error message from their library page.
How to fix your customer's email address
Although this message can display if there is an issue with the validation of your customer's email address, this may be a temporary issue.
Follow the steps listed below to troubleshoot your customer's email error.
Step 1. Send another email to the email address
First, attempt to send another email to the email address receiving the message. If the email successfully sends to the customer it will resolve the error message displayed in their library.
To send an email to a specific email address:
- Open the Marketing tab from your Dashboard.
- Select Email Campaigns.
- Click + New Email Campaign on the Email Campaigns dashboard.
- Select Create Email Broadcast.
- In Step 1 of creating an Email Broadcast select the All Contacts dropdown.
- Select Custom Segment.
- In the Add Filter dropdown menu, select Email contains.
- Then, enter the email address of the customer you wish to send your email to.
- Click Save & Continue and complete your email broadcast to send to your customer:
Step 2. Change the email address
If the indicator persists, your customer can temporarily change their email address to clear the message. This can be done in the customer's account settings.
After the email has been temporarily replaced, your customer can re-enter their original email address.
To change your customer's email address from your Contacts tab:
- Open the Contacts tab from your Dashboard.
- Select the name or email address of the customer you wish to update.
- Click Edit Contact.
- Place your cursor in the Email field and enter the temporary email address to replace your customer's existing email address.
- Click Save to apply:
To revert the change, simply re-add the customer's original email address through the same methods listed above.
Please vote below and let us know if you found this article helpful. We value your feedback. Thanks for being the best part of Kajabi!